PAGES

SEARCH

Cheeseburger In Paradise

10.24.2011

Shawn and I have talked a lot in the past about all the things we want to do.  Sort of like our bucket list.  One of the items on the list was a Jimmy Buffet concert!  Finally we got our chance.  The concert was held at Ashley Homestore Pavillion (formely known as Cricket Pavillion) We had such a great time and the weather was perfect!  I was introduced to Jimmy Buffet for the first time years and years ago by my Dad.  Every summer and every other winter I would visit him and my brother in beautiful Oregon.  I remember it so well.  There was not one day that went by in which we spent with all the windows and doors wide open, something on the bbq cookin', me and my brother running in and out of the house, and of course Jimmy Buffet (or Bob Marley) blarring in and out of the house.  My favorite song growing up by Jimmy was Cheeseburger in Paradise.  When I heard the song live it brought a wirl wind of emotions.  I'm happy to say that I didn't cry.  Not that crying is bad, but I am finally at a good place in life.  I have learned to cherish the memories and good things that I have and believe that everything happens for a reason even if its the most painful experience of life.  For so many years I buried my emotions.  Shawn has helped me to face them and really move on.  It almost seemed as though seeing Jimmy Buffet live was the closure that I needed.  It helped that we had a great time! 




gotta have some Landshark


It was such an amazing experience.  I could not be happier I shared it with Shawn!




No comments:

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger