PAGES

SEARCH

The Big 3-0… Part II Temecula

3.23.2013

 

I’m 30!  It actually, surprisingly, feels good!  I think my 30’s are going the best years of my life, so far.  A few years ago I came up with the idea of celebrating my 30th in Jamaica.  Don’t get me wrong I still desperately want to visit.  However, the desire to expand our family soon had led me to make a more practical birthday destination.  I chose Temecula, CA.  Neither us have been and seems to be a forgotten city, well at least I never heard of it before.  I thought a wine tour seemed like it would be fun!  I didn’t want anything that we’ve done before and didn’t want to make the drive all the way to Napa.  So, beautiful southern California it was.  We left just before 5am on Friday for our peaceful drive. 

PicMonkey Collage

I couldn’t imagine being so close to the ocean and not getting the chance to smell the sea water and watch the waves roll in with our toes in the sand.  LOVE the beach!  So, on our way we stopped at Mission Bay in San Diego.  At first I thought we should go to La Jolla Beach.  After some research it didn’t seem like my cup of tea. 

IMG_3697

IMG_3700

IMG_3698

We decided to head to The Sandbar

sandbar 2

It was a cool, chill place that serves breakfast until noon for all the partiers.  We enjoyed some yummy nachos and some local brews.  Once we were done we walked the board walk for a bit to take in our surroundings and then headed to Temecula. 

We stayed at Extended Stay America.  It was fine.  We got a screaming deal thanks to hotwire.  Our room did have a full kitchen.  It was a that time I decided when we travel with our kids a kitchen is close to a must.  Our hotel was just a few miles from Old Town Temecula.  Once we checked in we took a much needed nap and then freshened up and got a cab to Old Town. 

Our first stop was Crush & Brew, which got rave reviews from our hotel concierge and our cab driver. 

entrance-right-on-historic

Crush & Brew was by far my favorite in Old Town and the only place we frequented twice.  They only serve food, wine, and beer.  LOVED absolutely everything about this place.  So Fun!!!

IMG_3703

 

IMG_3704

IMG_3710

We started with some local brews and cheese board. 

IMG_3711

My Flight (local wine)

IMG_3713

IMG_3714

Shawn’s beer tasting.

IMG_3715

IMG_3716

Shawn filling out his ballot.  They like to have customer ratings to determine what they should have on tap.  Like the idea!

After we were done we headed down the streets of Old Town.  We heard some load music coming from this little Mexican bar, The Bank.  Of course we had to check it out.  This was the turning tipsy point of the night.  Especially, after a shot of tequila courtesy of our bartender.

IMG_3720

IMG_3722

IMG_3723

Our bartender and a craazzyy local we met.  They were so much fun!

IMG_3724

IMG_3725

He took this of himself just before he took our picture

IMG_3726

IMG_3727

Here’s to Thirty

IMG_3730

After some chips and salsa and lots of drinks we thought it would be a good idea to stroll down to another place.  Possibly not the best idea, but so glad we did!

We again heard loud music and checked it out.  We ended up at Front Street Union where there was an awesome cover band. 

images (1)

IMG_3732

IMG_3733

After enjoying the band and sipping on our last beer.  We got a cab and stumbled back to our hotel room.  It was such a fun night and it had been a long time since we had this kind of fun.

No comments:

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger