- Remember what is most important in life!- Well I do believe I have done much better with this goal than in the past. Life can get stressful sometimes but I've come to realize its the simple things in life that truly make me happy. I have also learned as a parent to not have too many rules. If they wanna have cereal for dinner every now and them. So be it! I've learned to pick my battles.
- Make more time for family- I could do better with this although improvement from the year before. My brother and I are a lot closer again, which makes me thrilled. He calls me just to say Hi! Love it!
- Time for myself- I have done much better with this. Thank you nap time. I would like to read more though.
- Finally reach my goal weight- Well this didn't not go so well. I have been very un-motivated despite all my attempts. As I'm approaching my 30's its time to take control and WILL change.
- Immediate Family time. Be more active as a family- This goal did not happen as frequent as I would like. Part of the problem, Shawn does not have a bike. He is so picky and can't find a bike that isn't 300 bucks!
- More DIY-ing- I have certainly improved with this. We have made tons of DIY projects, my favorite would have to be the Christmas Tree Skirt.
- Organization- I am so happy to admit that I have improved with this tremendously. I am already thinking of plans for the girls 4th birthday four months away.
- Host more and make more time for friends- We have hosted a get together at our house three different times in the 8 months we have been here.
- Hike The Grand Canyon! New place in AZ- We had planned to go during a long weekend. Unfortunately it was planned not long after we moved and longed to make our house a home. next thing I knew it was the week before. Really hope to do this before/if we have another baby.
- Vacation with Shawn and I- We did have a few weekends without kids. Flagstaff was a great time and one long weekend Shawn and I went up north all by ourselves.
- Family vacation- Sad to say this did not happen this year. Our home and other life necessitous got in the way. Financially didn't happen.
- NEW HOME!- Oh boy was that a nightmare. We finally did it! We moved in our home April 20th, 2012. We love it and the girls are really happy too. The location of our home is AWESOME!
This Christmas far exceeded any in the past. The girls are really beginning to understand Christmas, religious aspects aside. Not sure if/how we will approach that as we are not religious people ourselves. I do however want them to understand why we celebrate Christmas. We’ll see.
Unfortunately Shawn was really sick over the break. Finally I convinced him to go to the doctor after he was coughing blood. Turns out he has bronchitis. :/
Anyway, normally I am pretty good at planning our Holiday Traditions this year I cannot say the same. I slacked big time. Oh well.
We went to see Santa the day before Christmas Eve. We waited in line for little over one hour and then the dreadful news came that Santa was going to take a 45 min break. There was one person in front of us. So there we sat for another 45 minutes! UGH. The girls did really really good though so that made the experience so much better. Once Santa finally came back. The girls were so excited. Until it came to sit on his lap. They were a little scared to say the least. Ava’s face cracks me up! Santa had to hold her hand down to prevent her from placing in front of her face. They offered us to take new pictures, but in my opinion that defeats the purpose. Perfect pictures are so over rated. I prefer “real” pictures. They build memories.
Christmas Eve morning started with gingerbread houses and baking cookies for Santa.
Ava was really into decorating the house until she realized how good the frosting taste. Then she was busy eating instead of decorating.
(We did some major cleaning up today, as we both had to work the day following Christmas, it was time to toss the house. Ava yells.. “No, don’t throw our cookie monster house away!”)
Annual Christmas Eve Party
Shawn’s parents every year host an amazing party. It’s a day of the year Shawn and I always look forward to. It’s so great to see everyone we normally don’t see. This years theme was pajamas. At first I felt it was a little un-original and well boring. I ended up really liking it. I was super comfortable and didn’t have to think about what to wear and whether my “Holiday” muffin top
would could be disguised.
Santa got the girls’ tea set.
Minute To Win It
The night before I put together a breakfast casserole for us to just pop in the oven in the morning. it worked out good. Think next year I will use a crock pot that way its already cooked. I think Shawn and I were more excited for the girls to see what Santa left them more than they were. One of the perks for having kids it to relive your childhood memories and to be a kid again.
After we opened gifts together as a family we headed to my Mom’s house and spent some time with family. I had such a great time watching my little nephew Brock. He is so funny and cute and completely all over the place. He is such a busy boy.
playing with the cat under the table
Brock was done with pictures at this point. Not quite sure what Abbey was doing. She was so precious I didn’t hear her cry the entire time we were there.
After visiting with my side of the family we headed to Dylan and Stacy’s for Christmas dinner. This was the first year we made it to dinner. I like this tradition. We had a great time.
Our (all their kids and grandkids) gift to Shawn’s parents. AWESOME!
Girls first made ornaments
Christmas projects from school. Adisyn’s is on the left, Ava’s on the right.
The girls wanted to look like Santa during bath time.
Adisyn loved her puzzle so much she wanted to sleep right next to it. When they woke up in the morning they immediately looked for their puzzle and had to take it with them to Gigi’s house.
Saying their goodbyes to Elfy. Until next year!
(the still keep asking where Elfy is)
This Christmas was AMAZING! Best yet! In years past we wanted to relax more and not so much running here and there, seeing this person and this person. We have come to realize the craziness during the holidays and most importantly spending time with family and loved ones is what it is all about. We loved it! As I laid my head down for bed Christmas night, it felt good to know we spent the day with the most important people in the world!
So we usually default to Tara whom has done a lot of our photos. Unfortunately she is pregnant with her fourth and is suffering from valley fever. Nonetheless, she is taking a break from photography to get healthy again. I cautiously researched a few photographers from either referral from someone I know or internet. Timing and cost led us to decide to take our own pics this year. 300 bucks for a photo session is ridiculous in my opinion.
Here’s what we did…
They turned out pretty good and what’s better is they didn’t cost us an arm and a leg…