PAGES

SEARCH

HOLLY JOLLY CHRISTMAS

1.05.2016



Christmas is always such a special time of the year and this year was even more special because we got to share it with Reece as a family of 5.

Greetings from our family:



I was so excited and lucky to be able to spend the girls' winter break with them this year!  We started our celebrations by decorating cookies.  This is a tradition we've had the for the past few years that I hope will continue for a long time as we all love it.






Then it was time for one of the best days of the yer at my in laws annual Christmas Eve party.  This years theme was lumberjack.  We all sported our plaid attire.





A few games were played and even Santa made an appearance.  Reece got a first Christmas ornament and Ava and Adisyn got a doll.  This was the first year they were aware of who this Santa really was or at least they actually said something.  We enjoyed family and catching up together.  It was a great time had by all.  Reece got lots of loving.


We got home later than I wanted but Santa was still able to come for a visit.


Then it was Christmas morning.  I normally like to get video of the girls' reaction but this year it didn't go as planned.  I woke up to Shawn saying "I think the girls are awake! I think they're downstairs!"  We headed downstairs to find them separating gifts.  Fortunately they didn't open any.  Santa brought Reece  stuffed bear and a few other small toys and the older girls received a DVD player with new headphones, books, and other small gifts they wrote on their list to Santa.


Reece was happy and seemed to like her bear.



The girls were so excited with what they got.  It made for a fun morning.  

Mom and Dad got them mermaid blankets I knew they would love.

Then it was off to my parents house, Stacy and Dylans for dinner and then ended at Nana and Papa's for even more gifts.  Reece came down with her first cold, sad!  Neither Shawn or I slept well and I got the cold she had so it made for an extra long day.  Even so Christmas isn't Christmas if we can't spend it with the ones that mean the most to us.

No comments:

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger