PAGES

SEARCH

House to Home

8.26.2013


So Shawn and I have been working hard at transitioning our house to a home.  Pictures to follow soon.  I am thoroughly addicted to home decor.  While during the process I want to rip my hair out.  Like the time when Abby stepped in the paint dish and took off up stairs, leaving behind painted foot prints.  Our natural instinct is to yell at her "NO"!!!  Which for some dogs works, not Abby.  The louder we yelled for her the further she ran, leaving behind her steps until eventually the carpet cleaned her paw.  Needless to say she was banned outside until we were done painting.  Or the time our make shift broom stick with roller broke and left bounced roller marks on the living room carpet.  Yeah good times.  Hashtag NOT!  Through the frustration, sweat, and lots of laughs the outcome is so worth it!  As are both really liking the rustic with modern twist, beach-y, farmhouse feel.  Quite the combo I know. We realized our builder grade chandelier in our dining room does not match.  So I started making mood boards to help with the vision.  Below are some of my ideas/inspiration. 




kitchen lighting



Track light
ikea.com


CB2 orb light
cb2.com


Black shades
barnlightelectric.com


Lowes table lamp
ikea.com




We just painted the living room/kitchen gray.  I want the dining room to be a different color but was struggling to find that perfect color.  Well after some inspiration from my sis-in-law I think I found it.  Although the thought of going out of my comfort zone is very intimidating.  I am so sick of brown, light brown, dark brown, and some black.  Goodbye BROWN!  So here goes nothing...




Such a beautiful color.  We'll see! 

On to another subject.  We bought our bar stools not that long ago from craigslist but realized they are not what we want, so we sold them.  To keep our open feel look we decided against a bar stool with a back.  I found these on overstock and have fallen hard.  

More inspiration from some of my favorite blogs...

{white cabinets with subway tile back splash}

{rug in kitchen to bring some color}

{really like the stripes, although hubby vetoed that idea}
really like the sunburst mirror.  I've had sad attempts at my own DIY and they are not cutting it any longer

Just like an awesome outfit, our house needs accessories too...  yes another mood board. 

kitchen/dining room design








No comments:

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger