PAGES

SEARCH

5th anniversary

4.22.2015

The big 5!  Shawn and I decided for our anniversary to go up north alone.  We originally planned to head back to Williams, AZ, which we hope to go back sometime, but instead wanted something more laid back.  It was nice to spend the weekend alone.  Even though my heart literally ached for our babies a little time out for just us is always necessary.  We headed up Friday after dropping the girls off at school.  The drive up was nice and very green.  We didn’t do much; napped, watched movies, sat outside enjoying the mountain air and some fishing of course.
IMG_0985
IMG_0986
IMG_5876
IMG_5877
IMG_5878
We caught a total of 6 fish!  It made the trip so much more fun!  Abby enjoyed the lake also.
IMG_5881
IMG_5870 Saturday morning we were in the mood to go out to eat.  We discovered Sweetheart Cafe.  Dee-licious!  We surprised ourselves that we’ve never been of all times spent in Show Low. 
Huge portions.
IMG_0987 IMG_0988
IMG_0989
IMG_0990
We saw lots of wild life…
IMG_5875Driving through the neighborhood we spotted several javelinas.  Notice they are eating piles of food?!  We weren’t sure if this food was intended for these mean and nasty animals but they definitely indulged.
Shawn also spotted deer in the backyard.  They hung out for awhile and it was really neat to watch them. 
IMG_5882
We got several pictures and a video from Nana and Papa which made my heart complete for a few minutes then I missed them like crazy again.
IMG_0983
IMG_0997
Side note:  Shawn posted the sweetest message for me that I will include here to never forget those words.  They brought tears to my eyes.  He’s simply amazing!
To my wife,
Today marks 5 years of marriage to you.  On that day I made the best decision in my life by making you my wife.  You ground me and drive me to be successful in all aspects of life.  You’ve made me a father, a husband and a better man.  All the happiness in my life I owe to you.  The love I have for you is much more than just a feeling.  It’s who I am, It’s part of my soul.  Happy Anniversary, Shannon!  I love you!

No comments:

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger